Applicants for Blessons Scholarships for Women Awards must be:
- Adult/Non-traditional female students who are ages 25 or older and whose higher education was interrupted or put on hold due to challenging life lessons such as; cancer, mental illness, physical or emotional abuse, sex trafficking, discrimination and isolation due to sexual orientation, or who are first-generation female immigrants.
- She must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- Must submit a copy of her financial aid rejection letter or financial aid package (FAFSA) to demonstrate financial need.
- IRS tax forms for two prior years.
- Must be pursuing a first bachelor’s degree, an associate’s degree or a technical or vocational education, enrolled at a regional or ACICS accredited school, at least part-time and within 6 months of the scholarship award date.
- Proof of applicant’s program acceptance letter or current transcript.
- Must also be willing to disclose any supporting materials when requested.
Selection Factors: The Blessons Awards Committee considers financial need, personal circumstances and achievements, educational and career goals, challenges faced in life, how their Blessons are viewed and the impact of the scholarship in addition to the following;
- Two letters of recommendations must be mailed, sealed, directly to the attention of Blessons Scholarship Awards Committee at the listed address of the website: both from individuals not related to the applicant, attesting to her character.
- Submit one essay between 750 - 1000 words describing the following;
- How your higher/continued education was interrupted or put on hold due to challenging life lessons.
- The financial challenges you face in obtaining assistance and/or available resources in funding your education.
- Must project your plans, including personal goals, projected use of degree/new skill.
- How you are planning to achieve those goals through education and/or skills training.
- How you will use your "Blessons" in giving back to your community after completing your continued higher education.
Scholarship Applications are accepted until May 31st, 2018 for Fall 2018 Awards.